Sunday 9 October 2011

Tweet! Tweet! What I'm up to at the moment.

Hey gang!

The first part of this post is for those that read the blog, but aren't fans of the old social networking. As you might have noticed, I post links to every blog post on Twitter. But I also like to post other, non-blog-worthy gaming things up there every now and again, if you're interested. And then, there are the giveaways...

Yep, every so often, I like to give away games. That's right... give them away! Free! For nothing! Just when the mood takes me. It's usually cheapo PC stuff on Steam, but it's still better than nowt, right? So if you like a bit of a Tweet, follow me and we'll have some fun.

I've been having problems lately when trying to play certain PC games with my Logitech Wingman Rumblepad. It's a fine pad, and it works fantastically well for MAME, but it's struggling with other emulators and, more crucially, actual PC games. Not that matters in some ways... I haven't exactly got a mighty gaming rig, so big new releases are bought on consoles. But a lot of indie games are not mouse-controlled, and so I haven't been getting the optimal experience.

So, today I bit the bullet, ran up to Argos, and got myself an XBox 360 wired controller. And it's a bit of a revelation. It's so simple... just plug it in, the drivers will install and you're away. I expected that. But then I fired up WinVICE, an emulator where I was forced to use my D-pad to play Commodore 64 games, and lo and behold, I was able to use the left stick. Brilliant!

The main reason I bought this controller was so that I could properly play Scoregasm, the new release from Charlie's Games. My Wingman just wasn't having it, and it dragged the game down. But with the 360 controller, it's fantastic. I'll probably write a review at some point, but I will say that if you enjoy twin-stick arena shooters, you'd be a bit of a mug if you didn't buy this.

So I've got that to look forward to, along with getting back to loads of other games that I simply couldn't do justice because of controller issues. Don't know how I'll manage, though... I've just bought RAGE and the absolutely vicious Dark Souls for my 360, and Forza 4 is out next week...

1 comment:

  1. So, these days I tad the particular topic, leaped around Argos, but happened to be myself personally外贸SEOthe Xbox 360 system " cable " control . And somewhat of a discovery. It's extremely easy... only plug 雨飞 it in, your individuals may set up and you are absent. I expected that will. But then My spouse and i enthusiastic WinVICE, a good emulator in which We had to use my own D-pad to experience Commodore Sixty four video games 英文SEO, as well as lo and also observe, I had been able to utilize the remaining stick. Brilliant!

    The primary reason I purchased this specific controlled was so that we might appropriately enjoy Scoregasm, the brand new release via Charlie's Video games. My Wingman merely wasn't having that, and yes it ripped the overall game lower. Though the Three-hundred-and-sixty operator, it is fantastic. I will possibly create a review at some time, but I will point out that self-assured in your twin-stick market shooters, would certainly be a bit of a cup in case you don't purchase this particular.

    ReplyDelete