Friday 8 October 2010

Mojo (Slight Return)

Gaming Mojo is a strange thing. Sometimes, you can be right into games and whatever you pick up you can find yourself playing for hours. Others, you're in a slump and can pick endlessly through your shelves without one single game jumping out at you with a spark of inspirational quality.

I'm having one of those slumps at the moment. Don't get me wrong... I've been having great fun playing old games this past week. That side of me usually stays keen. But it speaks volumes when I'm turning on my 360 and would rather spend half an hour pissing about with Onechanbara Bikini Samurai Squad than getting stuck into the campaign on Halo Reach.

Still, things are about to pick up. Having played and loved the demo for Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, I've been out and bought the game today. The smallest child is in bed, the eldest will be soon, and I'll be diving into Monkey and Trip's somewhat dystopian future.

I'm really quite excited by it. If you haven't been following its development at all, here's a video showing the first 15 minutes of the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment